Saturday, December 8, 2007

start of tutor fanblog

I swear I am not just jumping on a band wagon.

I have been intrigued with The Tudors since my age had two digits. I am not sure whether my parents would be proud to know that they led to my obsession with this historical topic or hide their heads in shame because of it, so all I can do is be honest and credit them for exposing me to it all through travel and literature.

The Christmas of 1980, my parents probably mortgaged the humble farm and took my brother and me to England. One of the sightseeing places they took me to was the Tower of London.

I enjoyed myself so thoroughly on that occasion that I went back there all three subsequent trips to England, and it kicked off a lifetime fascination for me with the likes of Henry VII, Henry VIII, his three royal children, Mary Stuart, and all monarchs descending from that last royal 'Tudor' lady Mary.

Who knows if anyone will benefit from this effort, but over the years I have come across some of the online content the rest of you have posted, and so I thought I would begin to make my quiet obsession pay off in some tangible way.

No comments: